Workplace health and safety
You have an obligation to ensure the health and safety of all of your employees while they are working. This requires that you comply with certain regulations and standards for the safety of your workplace.
- Employer and Employee Duties — Occupational Health and Safety (Federally Regulated Employers)
Read about the obligations that you and your employees have under the Canada Labour Code and the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Tools and Toolkits for Employers on Occupational Health and Safety
No matter what jurisdiction your organization is regulated in, these tools can help you comply with workplace health and safety requirements.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System — Employer Requirements
Learn how to ensure that hazardous materials are handled safely in your workplace. Find information on use, storage, handling, disposal and labelling of hazardous materials.
- Occupational Health and Safety Essentials
Find online guides and checklists to help you prevent injuries in your workplace. Once you buy the documents, you will have 30 days to view them.
- PRIME (Prevention + Return to Work + Insurance Management for Employers/Employees)
Minimize your workers' compensation claim costs and receive refunds for good occupational health and safety and return-to-work practices.
- Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission
If you are an employer in Newfoundland and Labrador, you must register with this organization to receive no-fault work injury insurance.
- Date modified: