Set your sights on success with the SME Benchmarking Tool
Have you ever wondered how your business' performance compares with your competitors? Whether you are just starting up or are ready to grow an existing business, it's important to keep your finger on the pulse of your industry. The SME Benchmarking Tool can give you detailed information on your competitors' financial performance, and can help you set goals for the future.
What is the SME Benchmarking Tool?
- A free tool that provides financial data from Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises
- Information is grouped by industry and is easy to search
- Includes a glossary of terms that can help you understand the income statement and balance sheet terms used in the reports
How can the SME Benchmarking Tool help your business?
Whether you are a new entrepreneur or have been in business for years, having accurate financial forecasts and an up-to-date business plan is an invaluable asset.
If you are starting up, the tool can help you:
- Write a sound business plan
- Estimate operating costs for your new business
- Set benchmarks and performance goals for your new business
If you are already in business, the tool can help you:
- Update your business plan
- Create a plan for future growth
- Project how your costs may change as your business grows
- Identify areas in which your business deviates from industry averages and find opportunities to make changes that can help you grow your business
- Assess your business' overall health
If you're ready to take your business to the next level, the SME Benchmarking Tool can help you identify opportunities for positive change.
You may also want to visit our benchmarking page to learn more about how measuring performance can help you improve your business' efficiency.