How to use social media to reach your customers
Are you wondering how your business can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn? Interested in starting a blog or sharing videos with your customers? Social media can be a creative and low-cost way to reach your customers.
When using social media, you may want to keep these best practices in mind:
- Develop a strategy - How often do you plan to update your blog or profile? How will you share it with customers? Will you allow comments? Are you prepared to respond to comments or questions posted by the public?
- Define your target audience and offer content tailored to their interests.
- Keep your account active and update it regularly.
- Improve your content based on customer feedback.
- Familiarize yourself with computer security issues, such as safeguarding your information and protecting yourself against phishing and other scams and malicious software attacks.
- Use humour, be kind and professional, and share about more than just your work to create a connection with your customers.
Looking for more information on reaching your customers online? Check out our Pros and Cons of Social Media section.