Webinar: IP & Digital Media
This guest blog post is provided by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada which is responsible for enabling and contributing to Canada's prosperity through global commerce.
The IP & Digital Media webinar will help you to learn the skills necessary to negotiate digital media, software and other intellectual property licensing arrangements in a cross-border context. Furthermore, this webinar will provide the basic knowledge to better understand the needs, risks, and desires from a “U.S. perspective” to design win-win transactions, whether the transactions are business-to-business or business-to-consumer.
Why should you participate? You will learn how to:
- Compare various digital media, software, and other intellectual property contracting and distribution models available in the U.S. and their associated opportunities and risks
- Structure useful representations, warranties, indemnifications, and limitations on liability that are often required in U.S. transactions
- Spot the liability traps that could harm your business
- Address cross-border privacy and information/data security issues
- Structure licenses and service agreements to increase the value of your intellectual property portfolio
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Time: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT
Please register (link no longer valid) online by September 13, 2011.
After the presentation, there will be a 10-minute Q&A period. The presentation will be in English but the speaker will take questions in both French and English. We invite you to provide your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.